Please fill in the short form below and we will get back to you shortly
We work with the largest glass manufacturers to optimise their glass production processes
One of the most common applications for silica sands is in glass production – we manufacture the full range of equipment required on a glass sand processing plant and the modular nature of our equipment ensures:
1. Maximum process efficiency – careful attention to all material transfer points maximises retention of material and water within the circuit and ensures maximum product yield.
2. Minimal footprint – the clever integration of several processing phases throughout our modular equipment range minimises the space required to accommodate your plant and reduces overall project costs through the reduction in associated works to prepare concrete pads onto which your plant will be installed.
3. Rapid Deployment – our modular equipment range takes significantly less time to install than the traditional stick build / static plant approach. This ensures you are up and running in the shortest possible time.
4. Minimal environmental impact – by choosing our water recycling and tailings management system you will achieve up to 95% water recycling from your wet processing plant and also significantly reduce the space required to accommodate your silica sand plant.
There is not one specification for glass sand as a result of the many different types of glass that can be produced. Each glass has different chemical and physical properties which require the use of different glass sands. Most of the commercial glass in everyday use is soda-lime-silica glass.
• Glass jars
• Flat glass (windows, mirrors and flat glazing)
These contain between 70% and 74% silicon dioxide – the ultimate source of which is silica sand.
The production of these specialist silica sands for application in glass manufacturing requires specialist screening and classification equipment from CDE. This complex process will first involve a detailed analysis of your feed material both in terms of the particle size distribution (PSD) and the chemical properties of your silica sand.
Following this analysis and an understanding of the exact physical and chemical properties you require from your glass sands we will design and custom built glass sand processing plant which typically includes the following equipment from our range.
1. Feed system
2. Primary screening
3. Attrition / scrubbing
4. Sand classification & dewatering
5. Stacking / stockpiling
6. Primary stage water recycling & thickening
7. Tailings management