What is Quartz?
Quartz is one of the most useful and abundant minerals found on earth crust. Deposits of Quartz are found across all continents and occur in all types of rocks, including igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary.
Quartz occurs in many varieties and has specific physical, chemical and electric properties which make it highly usable in a wide range of industries and sectors. Quartz sand is a useful raw material for the building and construction industry. Silica sand is extensively used in the manufacture of glass and ceramics and for foundry moulds in metal casting. Quartz sand is considered an excellent abrasive, used for sandblasting and sanding and sawing grit. It is also used as a refractory lining for induction furnace, which is commonly known as silica ramming mass.
Quartz has many commercial applications, and therefore Quartz must undergo a careful, and an extensive process to ensure maximum product yield. Quartz Processing usually includes crushing, grinding, washing and screening. These steps strip off physically associated impurities and water-soluble impurities and give a relatively uniform and small particle size material for its future use.
- Crushing & Grinding- Normally to reduce the big ore lumps to small particles, two to three stages crushing are required.
- Scrubbing- Scrubbing refers to the removal of thin-film iron, bonding and muddy impurity minerals on the surface of quartz sand by mechanical force and the frictional force between sand grains, and further shredding the unassembled mineral aggregates.
- Wet Screening- High capacity wet screening offers a wide range of sizing and classification tasks. Wet screening units are designed to screen out fines and classify oversize particles efficiently.
- Sand Dewatering- Mineral must be clean to meet the users' specification. Dewatering screen technology delivers minerals that are ready for market straight from the belts.
Quartz Processing Plant, Rajasthan
CDE Solution for Quartz Processing:
Our unique approach to the design and delivery of your Quartz processing plant has several key advantages:
- We tailor to your requirements – a tailored turnkey processing system built according to your feed material, your final product specifications and your capacity requirements.
- Modularity – Our systems are designed as modular components or individual building blocks to ensure a synergy created between all individual pieces of equipment.
- Portability – Portable design of our system allows you to shift it to any of your preferred locations as per the availability of raw materials or usage.
- Durability – Our use of the highest quality components maximizes plant productivity, availability and plant life.
- Ease of maintenance – Maximizing plant production by making maintenance access as easy as possible, guaranteeing the safety of your site personnel.
- Process control – We design, install and commission your plant and ensure the efficient integration of all the required equipment to deliver maximum plant efficiency.
- Energy-efficient design – Presence of full-electric power for a cleaner, quieter and safer site.